Grace is at the beach with her mom (having a fabulous time, I’m sure!), so the week coming up is a short week. Here’s what we’ll be learning about in the week ahead:
- Math: We will be converting between mixed numbers and improper fractions. We will also be reviewing skills such as adding and subtracting fractions, ordering rational numbers, and recalling multiplication facts.
- Science: We will be reviewing all that we have learned about oceans, the water cycle, clouds, and fresh water. We will also be learning about oceanographers and how water looks from space. Two experiments are on the agenda for the week! One has to do with cloud formation and the other is a look at the properties of fire. (We’re going to start working our way through The Book of Potentially Catastrophic Science in addition to our science text. It’s an awesome look at science throughout history.)
- Social Studies: We will continue to look at the process of Europeans migrating to and settling in the Americas and the harsh treatments of Native Americans and Africans.
- Language Arts: Grace is doing really well with 6th grade material, so we will continue with that. We are looking at the characteristics of different types of reading passages (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, etc.) Of course, we’ll keep up the blogging about various subjects. We are also focusing on note-taking skills in social studies. In the near future, we will be beginning a new novel as we have finished A Wrinkle in Time.
- Arabic: Continued work with the alphabet and common vocabulary.
No field trips on the agenda for this week, but we certainly have some on the horizon. 🙂