This week was a little nuts-o with unexpected things popping up all about the place, but we still managed to get our learn on. 😉 Next week, I hope, should see us back to a somewhat normal schedule. And this is what we’ll be doing…
- Math: We’ll still be focusing in on those multiplication tables, but we’ll also be converting improper fractions to mixed numbers and multiplying fractions.
- Social Studies: We will be moving slightly ahead from European explorers next week. We’ll be taking another (and closer) look at the English Colonies.
- Language Arts: The blog continues, of course. We’ll also be reading the novel, The Lightning Thief and making connections to events and people in real life.
- Science: We have a field trip coming up to a Nature Center. We will digress for the day and look at the food web, producers, consumers, and the like. The rest of the week will be a focus on air masses, severe weather, and weather forecasting. We will continue tracking weather in several North American cities and drawing conclusions about the impact of geography on weather.
- Arabic: Practice, practice, practice. I’m beginning to think we may spend the entire year learning the alphabet. 😉 We’ll get there!