We have a short, crazy-busy week ahead. Grace and I decided to take Friday off (and not feel a bit bad about it since we got in some extra school hours this weekend). 🙂 We have such a packed week, we think it will be nice to just hang out on Friday. Until then, this is what we’ll be doing and learning:
- Language Arts: Grace finished reading The Witch of Blackbird Pond, so we’ll be starting a new novel, Loser. (That’s actually the title of the book….I wasn’t calling you a mean name.) We will also continue with sequencing events in reading and how-to writing.
- Math: Still slaying that multiplication beast. We’ll get there! Grace’s multiplication skills are certainly improving, but we want to make absolute-mega sure that she has this mastered before moving on.
- Science: We will be focusing on nothing but research and experiment techniques this week at home for science. Grace also has two museum classes this week – animal behavior and adaptation (awesome how that fits in so well with her science project) and a closer look at squids (possibly closer than Grace ever wanted to look).
- Social Studies: We will be continuing with our history pockets (“The Oregon Trail” and “The Native American Struggle”) and learning more about African-American history (a subject Grace is very interested in).
- We also have an art class this week. We never know what the topic for that is until we arrive….I look forward to sharing her next work of art!
Have a fabulous week!