Wow. Last week got so re-scheduled and turned upside down by that research paper that we ended up postponing a lot of last week’s plans. This week’s skills and topics may look very similar to last week’s….with some new things thrown in. So, here we go:
- Language Arts: Grace will continue reading and discussing Loser. We will finish up our unit on sequencing in reading. The how-to writing unit continues on, as do grammar and spelling.
- Math: We didn’t get to spend very much time with math at all last week, so we’ll still be tackling those multiplication skills. We’ll be having a re-assessment on Friday. If all goes well, next week will include the wild world of long division.
- Social Studies: We will finish reading several books about African-American history. We will also be working on History Pockets on the topics of Oregon Trail, Gold Rush, Native Americans, and Settling the Western Frontier.
- Science: Now that Grace’s research paper is turned in, we’ll get back to regularly programmed science. We’ll be starting a chapter on classifying organisms and taking a closer look at vertebrates and invertebrates.
- Mythology: We will continue reading The Greek Gods (which should take us several more days to finish).
- Marine Biology: During a library trip, Grace chose a book about marine biology (instead of the usual astronomy), so we’ll be reading that together.
We don’t have any field trips planned for the week, but we may have an adventure this weekend if plans all work out. 🙂 Have a great week!