Grace and I are ready to get back to school after a long, relaxing break. Here’s what we’ll be up to this week:
- Language Arts: We will continue focusing on the reading skill of drawing conclusions. In writing, we will continue our “comparative writing” unit. Grace will also be working on parts 2 and 3 of “The Escape” (the story she started the last week we had school). Grace will read The Magician’s Nephew….I suspect she’ll finish the novel before the end of the week, so I have Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry lined up and ready to go. We will also continue with our spelling and grammar skills.
- Science: We will continue our study of ecosystems with a look at cycles within a system.
- Social Studies: Events of the 1950s and 1960s in American history, with a focus on the fight for civil rights, will be our topics this week.
- Math: Grace will be reviewing the geometry concepts she has already learned and applying them in multi-step problems. Yep, it’s another week of angles, area, and polygons. Of course, Grace will continue practicing her multiplication and division skills.
- Mythology: We will start with our Greek and Roman Myths Literature Pockets this week. I’m very excited about these! We’ll be working on these pockets for quite a while since we will only be doing an activity or two per day.
- All subjects: We will begin vocabulary notebooks for Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and Math. Each subject will have its own notebook to focus solely on the vocabulary words associated with the subject.
I hope everyone has an excellent start to 2012!