As usual, we have tons planned for the week ahead….here’s what we’ll be up to:
- Math – We will continue our study of gathering and displaying data (line graphs and stem and leaf plots). We will also keep moving forward with review activities…Grace is doing a wonderful job with solving multi-step word problems (and some of them are real brain-strainers!).
- Language Arts – Grace will keep working on comparative writing this week. She will also be diving into the world of inference as a reading skill. She will finish up Catching Fire and begin reading War Horse. Of course, there will be spelling and grammar fun. 🙂
- Social Studies – We will be starting a new unit on North America. The focus this week will be on North America on the map…relative location, absolute location, hemispheres, etc.
- Science – We will be finishing up our life science unit and moving into physical science. After an assessment on changes in ecosystems, we’ll begin studying the properties of matter.
- Mythology – Our next Mythology Pocket is for the story of Perseus and the Gorgons. (Fun!)
- Field Tips and Things – We will be visiting a local museum to view exhibits about civil rights and Martin Luther King, Jr. We will also be taking a trip to one of our favorite science centers for a class on marine mammals and a show at the planetarium.
We hope you have a fabulous week!