Here’s what we’ll be up to for the next few days….lots of fun stuff in the works. 🙂
- Math: Grace will be learning about measures of central tendency (mean, median, and mode). She’ll also be doing some more graphing activities. We’ll also be having a short assessment on all of these lovely graphing and averages concepts. If all goes well, we’ll be moving on to algebra concepts after that.
- Language Arts: Grace will continue reading Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry. We have lots of interesting activities to go along with the book over the next couple of weeks…I’m sure some of them will show up on the blog. 😉 We will finish up our unit on comparative writing and begin looking at descriptive writing. Grace will be putting her final sample for comparative writing on the blog. I don’t want to give too much away, but I will tell you that she needed D&D manuals to complete her research. 🙂 In reading, we will continue our focus on inference. We have completed the spelling program we were working on, so we’ll be moving on to a new program…this program is very different from what we were doing, so I hope it is a bit more successful. 😉
- Science: We will continue our study of physical science with a look at atoms, molecules, phase changes, mixtures, and solutions. (I love this stuff!) We will also start reading Physics: Why Matter Matters! in addition to The Omnivore’s Dilemma (which Grace is really enjoying).
- Social Studies: We will finish up our unit on political divisions in North America and begin looking at the physical features of North America.
- Mythology: This week’s myth in our Mythology Pockets is The Race for Atalanta. I’m especially looking forward to the “puppet show” and Grace learning how to draw a lion. 🙂
- Field Trips: We only have one official field trip on the agenda for the week. We’ll be going to the Carolina Raptor Center and reviewing some of our concepts about ecosystems. The weather is supposed to be beautiful in the middle of the week, so we may have to sneak a science hike/letterboxing in there too. 😀
Well, as usual, we certainly have plenty to keep us busy. Check back later today for The Week in Pictures.
Have a wonderful week!