Grace has been off partying like a rock star at Grandma’s house this past week, but we’re ready to get back to this whole school thing tomorrow. 😉 We have a four-day week ahead and tons of stuff to keep us busy…
- Language Arts: Grace will continue working on descriptive writing. She’ll be writing the first and second drafts of her “big paper” for this unit this week. We’ll also be reading The Watsons Go to Birmingham – 1963, practicing reading skills, and, as always, practicing with spelling and grammar.
- Math: We will be finishing up our unit on graphing equations. Grace has done a wonderful job with this topic, so I know she won’t have any trouble with the assessment. We’ll also begin a new unit on ratios and percents (mostly review).
- Social Studies: Grace will continue reading The Smart Aleck’s Guide to American History. She will also be reading and summarizing current events of her choice. (These lead to some great dinner table discussions!)
- Science: We’ll be starting a unit on various forms of energy and finishing up The Omnivore’s Dilemma.
- Mythology: If all goes according to plan (bwahaha!), we’ll be finishing our play about Persephone and moving on to Bellerophon and Pegasus.
- Field Trips: Believe it or not, we have no scheduled field trips this week. Never fear! We’ll still get out in the world for hiking, geocaching, and having school outside.
We should also be back to our regular blog-posting schedule this week. 🙂
Have a wonderful week!