A great big thank you to Allison over at The Budget Maven for nominating us for The Liebster Blog Award! Grace and I are both very flattered. 😀 Since Grace and I both contribute to this blog, I’ll try to answer all of the questions for both of us. 😉
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It’s a way to acknowledge each other and say “you’re doing a great job”. It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it’s also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person(s) who nominated you. You pass the Award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions. You’re not allowed to nominate the blog(s) who nominated you! (To get the button, right-click the picture on my page and save the picture to your computer. You can then upload to your blog.)
11 Random Facts About Us
1. Everyone in this house is a devoted Weird Al fan…the very first concert Grace attended was a Weird Al show.
2. We’re also raving, maniacal fans of Jonathan Coulton.
3. We all like to play Dungeons and Dragons. Grace spends strange amounts of time analyzing her character sheets. (Yep, we’re those dorks.)
4. We make our own chocolate syrup from fair trade cocoa…just one small thing we can do to stop slavery and horrible working conditions.
5. Grace has already been taller than me for months…her shoes have been too big for me for a couple of years.
6. Grace wanted me to share that I have a goofy dance for every occasion.
7. We are currently watching season 6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (This is actually my third time watching the series all the way through, but Grace’s first time.)
8. Our family’s favorite restaurant is Lupie’s…a spiffy little joint with crazy decor, awesome music, and fabulous veggie burgers.
9. Grace’s favorite subject is science…mine is math.
10. Video games are like a religion in our house. Skyrim is on our TV more than any show.
11. We are fanatically devoted to our dog, Frank.
Allison’s 11 Questions for Us
1. What is your least favorite color?
2. What smell makes you the happiest?
Emily: Vanilla and Cinnamon.
Grace: Peppermint and Dark Chocolate.
3. What’s one thing from your bucket list that you’ve yet to do?
Emily: Visit Ireland.
Grace: Complete Skyrim.
4. Who would win in a fight between a hard shell taco and a grilled cheese sandwich?
Emily: The hard shell taco because the sandwich would be in my belly.
Grace: Hard shell taco because of the protective shell.
5. What’s your favorite dessert?
Emily: Chocolate fondue.
Grace: Chocolate mousse.
6. If you could trade wardrobes with a celebrity, whose closet would you raid?
Emily: Honestly, no one. I’m such a minimalist about clothes…I’d probably just donate most of anyone’s wardrobe.
Grace: Early Avril Lavigne (before she started wearing so much pink).
7. What overused expression really gets on your nerves?
Emily: I don’t know if it’s overused, but I can’t stand it when people say “I could care less” when they really mean “I couldn’t care less.”
Grace: “I know, right?”
8. Vintage or Modern?
9. Coke or Pepsi?
10. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
Emily: Sabrina or Chloe or December.
11. If someone gave you a check for a million dollars, how would spend it?
Emily: Quickly. 😉 (Okay, really, I would buy a house, pay off debts, make some big donations, and put the rest in savings.)
Grace: Clothes, video games, comic books, donations, and “important” stuff.
Here are our nominations for the Liebster Award
(Some may have more than 200 followers…sometimes it’s hard to tell.)
8. You. Me. Us.
10. Stirring the Pot
11. Apocalypse Mama
And, Finally, Our Questions for Our Nominees
1. What was the last thing you ate? (Be honest!)
2. What time did you wake up today?
3. What’s your favorite book that you’ve ever read?
4. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
5. What is your favorite number?
6. If you were a dragon, would you rather breathe ice or fire?
7. What was/is your favorite subject in school?
8. Given unlimited legos, what would you build?
9. What are your thoughts on your belly button?
10. What is the nicest thing someone has done for you in the past week?
11. What’s your favorite video game of all time? (Don’t be afraid to bust out some Pong-era answers.)