I’m a bit late posting what we’ll be up to this week. Sorry about that…we have quite a lot of chaos surrounding us at the moment, so you’ll have to excuse our flighty behavior for the next couple of weeks. (Never fear…it’s good chaos. 🙂 )
So, here’s what we’ll be working on this week. (Some of this is actually the stuff we didn’t do last week due to schedule craziness and sick days.)
- Language Arts: Grace is reading The Red Pyramid. It’s a nice, fictional companion to our study of Egypt. 😉 She’ll also be working on a persuasive writing sample. Whatever will she try to persuade us to do??? If all goes according to plan, she’ll also begin working on personal narratives. She’ll also be finishing up a unit on identifying the main idea when reading. Of course, we’ll continue with both grammar programs that we have underway.
- Math: Perfectly Perilous Math will take us across a dangerous rope bridge (among other things). Grace will continue working with consumer math…she’s into the world of unit rates at this point.
- Science: In addition to a class at the Nature Center, Grace will begin working on a science folder all about light (part of our broader topic of waves).
- Social Studies: We will continue learning about Egypt this week. We will be focusing on religion and architecture.
- Spanish: Family, family, family. 🙂
- Grace’s Choice: Well, we’ll just have to wait to see what she chooses. 😉 This week she chose extra reading and a new and exciting documentary about Egypt. 😀
Yep, that should keep us busy! I hope everyone has a fantastic week!