Wow! Our next couple of weeks are going to be so crazy that I’ve decided to loosen up on the whole “plan” thing for the time being. I wouldn’t say we’ll be flying by the seats of our pants, but we’ll be using more of a “guideline” approach than a “structured plan” approach. So, here’s what we’ll be up to. 🙂
- Language Arts: We will continue our literature unit for Holes. We’ll also keep up with grammar, spelling, and personal narratives.
- Math: We’ll keep moving with Perfectly Perilous Math and consumer math.
- Science: The unit on light and sound continues!
- Social Studies: Grace will continue working with Ancient Egypt History Pockets. (We may even finish this week!)
- Grace’s Choice: Well, we’ll just have to wait to see what she chooses. 😉 This week she chose building a compost bin and making “sun photos” with leaves found around the neighborhood. 😀
- Field Trips: If everything goes well (keep your fingers crossed), we’ll be going to a Q&A, book-signing event with one of Grace’s favorite authors. We’ll also be going to a homeschool day at a local historic site…there will be presentations on 18th century science, craft-making, a maize maze, and hayrides. We’re also (finally!) going to complete our second community project.
Have a fabulous week!