Now that we’ve finally gotten back on track with regular school weeks, I have a better idea of what we’ll accomplished in the week ahead. 🙂 Here’s the (vague, as usual) plan for next week:
- Language Arts: Grace is reading the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. She’s reading the second book now. In writing, we’re still working on personal narratives…look for some samples next week. 🙂 We’ll be starting a reading unit on making inferences. As always, grammar and spelling will be part of our week.
- Math: We’ll continue to work with Perfectly Perilous Math. I’m sad to say we’re not too far from finished with this book. 😦 We’ll also be working with integers.
- Science: Grace is currently working on a unit about light and sound. We’re about halfway though, so we’ll still be on this topic for two or three weeks.
- Social Studies: We’ve just finished our Ancient Egypt History Pockets. We’ll be doing to a Hands on History unit about Egypt before moving on to ancient China.
- Spanish: Grace is steadily working her way through the MindSnacks app for Spanish to learn tons of vocabulary.
- Grace’s Choice: Well, we’ll just have to wait to see what she chooses. 😉 This week she chose writing, making homemade chocolate syrup, and some extra science activities.
- Community Good: Grace and I have the opportunity to help the Literacy Council with preparing their newsletter for mailing this week. 🙂
That should keep us good and busy! I hope everyone has a fantastic week!