Nerd in the Brain! I’ve finally decided to take all of my experiences as a teacher (public school, community college, and home school), a math nerd, and a reading nut and squish them together into something awesome (I hope!).
We won’t be posting about Nerd in the Brain too terribly much here…it is a separate thing, after all. I did feel like it was worth a mention for a few reasons though:
- Grace is actually taking a pretty big part in this whole thing. She’s helping with ideas, proofreading materials, and testing activities and games. She’s a helper and a guinea pig. 🙂
- I’ve decided to add some free resources to Nerd in the Brain. I’m hoping the other home schoolin’ families out there will get some use out of them. (Other teachers, too, of course!) Right now, there is only one game available, but I’m hoping to add something new to the free resources each week.
- I like to share resources here…Nerd in the Brain is just one more of ’em. 🙂
- We’ll be adding new literature guides and lesson plans (of the non-free variety) every couple of weeks. You may get some use out of those, too. Again, we’re just getting started, but we’ll be adding materials to help with fantasy, science fiction, and dystopian literature. There will also be math and science lessons in the near future.
- Nerd in the Brain will do giveaways from time to time. I’ll announce them here so all of you teaching lovelies will have a chance at winning some free loot. 😀